I thought I would share what exactly happened to my computer. I am writing this on a friend's computer since mine is no longer with the living.
About 10 days ago I began house sitting for a family that I know here. In this house there are two cats. These two cats are the most needy cats the world has ever seen. Whenever I leave the house they cry; whenever I'm taking a shower they cry outside the bathroom and bump into the door to show their displeasure; when I sleep if I don't lock the bedroom door they will open (yes, that's right open) the door and climb in the bed; in the morning I am usually woken up to crying cats who are scratching at my door; when I walk around the house they follow lock step next to me, trying to rub themselves on me the entire time; whenever I'm just lounging they force themselves onto me, even if I'm doing something or have something in my lap. I know cats just like to be rubbed, but these cats act like they're sensory deprived or something. If they're not being touched or paid attention to they are unhappy. Oh, and when I say cry I do mean cry; they wail and moan.
So I'm taking care of these cats. One day about a week ago after I'd just returned from a run, I decided to sit out on the terrace behind the house and talk on Skype. Of course there was a cat sitting right there the entire time. When I was finished I pick up my computer and begin to walk up the stairs going back inside. About 3/4 of the way up the cat decides it's time he wants some rubbing and so he jumps in between my legs. It's night and I couldn't really see that well, I knew he was around me but didn't know exactly where. I brought my foot down and felt resistance before I found the stair. I immeadiately pivoted my foot so as not to step on the cat, but this threw my balance off. (You ever have to take an extra step at the last moment midstep to avoid something? It was like that, kinda.) I go tumbling down the stairs, and the computer goes flying. It lands and smashes to the ground.
The end of the computer. I was quite upset and have not gotten along well with the cats since then. (I'm not too fond of cats anyway.) I was quite bummed that my computer was gone, but moreso I was upset about all the data I'd lost. I hadn't backed anything up for about a month. It's been an interesting week not having a computer to get on whenever I want. I've been able to use other people's computers when I needed to, so that's been okay. Also, my amazing mother found out that I had a warranty I knew nothing about that covered my computer for a year. Thankfully, it is on route to the U.S. via FedEx right now to be taken care of. I will once again have a computer sometime within the next several weeks.
Until then, I will be posting no pictures (since I lost them all) and it will be sporadic. Hope all is well with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
DUDE! That totally stinks. Cats are lame! It is kinda funny thinking about you falling down the stairs. HA! HA! OUCH! I don't mean to make fun, sorry. Well what can ya do? I'm sure you're thankful about the warranty. (SIGH)OH, and I won't blame you if you go and start killin some cats now. HA! HA! Talk more later!
DUDE! That stinks! Cats are so LAME! Thinking about you falling downa flight of stairs did make me laugh. Ha Ha OUCH! Sorry, I don't mean to make fun, or be entertained by your pain. I wouldn't blame you if you started killin some cats. HA HA talk to ya later!
Bummer man! Cats can be restorative though. Let them comfort you with their neediness.
Much love.
You need to make peace with those cats, they have your number, its time to show some real lovin or else they might take you out, not just your computer! Give in to their demands before its too late brother.
Keep the faith,
Skip
Again with the non-cat person theory. I really think I'm onto something. Their only mission: to drive dog-guy absolutely mad.
Mendi
ah i can sympathize with you...my roommate has 2 cats, so i can't get away from them! they haven't ruined my computer, but they are ruining the furniture. hope you get your comp back soon.
Post a Comment