My computer is in the States right now getting "fixed." What this means is that Dell is issuing me a new computer to match my old one. I'm really glad that I had that warranty. Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll have a new computer in my possession and I can once again post pictures and write more frequently.
I'll share a quick anecdote from life here:
Recently, while riding in a few taxis I've noticed something a bit unsettling. We'll just be cruising along and maybe ten minutes into the ride, the taxi driver reaches up, grabs his seatbelt and puts it on; he doesn't say a word to me about it. Obviously this doesn't inspire the biggest amount of confidence from me. The really curious thing is that there is seemingly no reason for it. It's not like the traffic gets really heavy or he starts to drive crazy. It's exactly the same as before except now he has his seatbelt on. Are they just getting safety conscious mid-trip?
I'll clarify this oddity by explaining that I've tried several times to put on my seatbelt when in a taxi only to be looked at funny or scoffed at. Half the time the passenger's seat doesn't even have a working seatbelt.
I've not yet asked any of the drivers why they do this. I need to learn the word for "seatbelt" and then next time it happens I can call them out on it. Hopefully then I can stop worrying about my seatbeltless situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah that sounds crazy! I've only been in a taxi when we went to Philly on a trip. The drivers were crazy, but as far as I can remember they all had their seat belts on. HA!HA! Your taxi drivers seem pretty funny and scary in some ways. Anyways later!
Andrew -- I miss so much hearing of your adventures! I hope all is well, and that you will soon have your computer back. I think of you often and continue to talk to your father about you. Kathy Sellers
How are you getting along, Andrew? Things have been kind of rough up here. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your trip. You can have all those canyons you want, I don't want to have to climb one of those things. Who did you say was on that trip with you? We have really had a cold weekend at Charlie and Brenda's. Going home to Tyler to Tyler this afternoon. Take care of yourself. Love, Pop
Post a Comment