Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My life in a few bags

Over the past couple of days I've had the pleasure of deciding what to take with me overseas. THEN, I had the pleasure of packing that up in nice, neat little bags. Bless my mother who helped me do all this. This is what the living room looked like before I finished organizing it all and packing it up. I almost feel like I packed too much... but maybe after I've been there for a few years, I'll be glad I took what I did.

This is what my entire life fit into. They weighed plenty. While checking in at the airport, for a few minutes I didn't think they were gonna let me take it all. Apparently the guy we were working with had never seen such a large baggage allowance for non-military personnel. I was getting anxious and preparing myself to leave one of my bags behind. Thankfully, it all got sorted out and he figured out that my ticket allowed me to check everything, with no charge! I then breathed a sigh of relief. I said goodbye to my family and went through security only to find that I got extra security! Hurray! They even opened up my guitar case to make sure that it, which was stuffed with socks, contained nothing bad.
Now I am sitting in the airport, waiting for my delayed plane. I'm so excited to get over there and meet everyone. I'm sure I'll have at least a few good stories that I can post this weekend: Initial impressions, personal blunders, and other crazy traveling stories.

1 comment:

Brandi Laine said...

Oh' YAY! I'm so happy you've already posted again! Thank goodness you were able to take all your bags...I wouldn't have been able to pick one over the other! Can't wait to read your next posting!

P.S. I love the family photo! It's still so strange to see all of you grown!