I decided that it was finally time that I get down to business and get this blog up and running. I've been messing around with the layout and look for like a month; at this point I suppose it'll just have to do. I'm afraid that I wrote the Arabic incorrectly, so I might have to change that when I become more fluent in the language. Regardless, here it is. I hope you like it.I don't harbor some grand delusion that I'm a spectacular writer of any sort, however, I do promise to attempt to make this blog an interesting read. My promise to you, the faithful blog reader, is to update at least twice a week (more if I'm feeling inspired) with meaningful, interesting posts. I promise not to write simply about "how I'm feeling." No need to get all emo. My goal ultimately is to give you a window into how my life is going while I'm living overseas. I know that many of you would love to be there right along side of me, so I'm hoping this affords you at least a semblance of a connection.
All the pictures I post on this blog are my own, unless I indicate otherwise. I'll try and include information about when and where they were taken. Clock was taken in Tyler, TX at a boathouse, and the tree was taken in Richmond Virginia around sunset time.
Okay, with all that out of the way... I now have less than a week in the US before I leave. It's been a busy few months. Orientation was great. I met alot of really awesome people, one person in particular, but I'll save that for another occassion haha. I've not really gotten much rest since I came back to SA, but hopefully the next few days will allow me to recuperate. There are many of you I wanted to see but I just ran out of time. Hopefully the future will allow us to connect again. I would love to hear from you about your life as well, so keep me informed on how you all are doing as well.I leave next Wednesday, so if you think about it, remember me that day. Thanks for all the support!
-Andrew
7 comments:
So glad to see that you have entered the blog world Andrew. Good luck kid... and PS- the Richmond picture... dang.
You better believe that I will be keeping up with you. Apointment is next month and we're off to orientation in January. The blog is very well done.
Ross F.
I have to admit, I really have no idea why you're going away other than the information you've provided in this post. This is all news to me. Regardless best of luck!
:) Wishing you safe travels.
your now on my "favorites" list...I look forward to reading more.
The sunset picture is fabulous. I'm jealous of the amazing hummus and other middle eastern delicacies you shall soon be partaking in. (p.s. you might want to practice your burping skills for post-meal appreciation...=) Have a safe trip...if you have not already had one.
Love the clock photo. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! With Love, The Carlsons
Looks great - nice photos! Can't wait to hear more about this mystery person you met at FPO!! :-)
Post a Comment