My language instructor decided it would be good for us to get out of the house and walk the city some while learning new vocabulary. I was more than happy to comply. We went to the market, some shops, and the Roman Amphitheater I mentioned a few blogs back. This time I actually went in the amphitheater to see the ruins. It was pretty amazing. This is where I took most of the pictures.
This first picture is of the view from the ground upon entering into the amphitheater. It's quite amazing that it's still standing a couple thousand years later.
This is Muhammad, my language instructor. He's about my age and can speak some English. He's a really neat guy. And he loved to pose for pictures.
There was even a museum located in the tunnels that ran underneath the Amphitheater. It had murals, artifacts and other archeological wonders on display. It was really neat. Some of these tile murals here were from 400 AD.
I even found some Bedouin ladies to talk to in the museum.
I caught these birds mid flight right as they peaked over the top of the amphitheater. It's very far to the top.
Muhammad enjoying the camera attention. I told you he liked to pose.
Muhammad had a blast taking pictures of everything in sight, which included me.
This was the last shot of the day. We had a policeman take it for us after which Muhammad saluted him jokingly. The policeman was not amused...It was a nice day walking around the city, learning some history, and learning Arabic. I might have to convince him to take me on another field trip soon. Hah.

2 comments:
Hi,Andrew:
I am certainly glad it is you that is learning this language and not me. Since Brenda is reading this to me cause my old eyes won't focus properly but we have really enjoyed reading about your experiences, especially the taxi drives. Sounds like you are having a great time. Stick in there! We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday except the Aggie game. Take care and we love you! Pop and Lois
Hi, Andrew -
Really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for keeping me on your email list. I always like knowing what is going there with you. Stay safe!!!
Aunt Brenda
Post a Comment