I need to preface this a bit by saying that there is a large homeless kitty population here. This surprised me at first; in fact it’s the direct opposite of India. In India there were dogs roaming about in gang like numbers, and no cats to be seen or heard of. Here the cats are the wandering scoundrels, and the dogs don’t seem to exist at all. I think I may have seen a single dog since arriving nearly a month ago. Cats are everywhere: dumpsters, bushes, trashcans, alleys, dumpsters, streets, various other trash receptacles, and did I mention dumpsters? They can often be heard fighting and getting into general mischief during the night hours when it becomes quiet. They are usually pretty mangy and you would not want to take them home as pets.
Anyway, this cat is heading towards me and I can tell already it’s taken a liking to something. The only thing I can think of is the bag of cookies I had with me. Naturally, I throw one to it about 10 ft away hoping to appease it, but no dice. It jumped on my bench and proceeded to get up in my business. This cat would not leave me alone. I felt kinda bad for it since it seemed he just wanted some attention. I’m not joking when I say I got up and moved to the next bench down only to find that the cat trotted over with me; I guess he figured I had found us a better spot. So, I thought I’d take some pictures of him while he was making himself available to me.The pictures I was editing at the park were of the Art “Place” that I spoke about back in Purposefully Getting Lost. I suppose the cat could have just been interested in my art pictures...
"I'd like to see some art please."I really don’t know how to describe the place other than it had some weird art of various types. It certainly wasn't a gallery. Whatever, I took pictures, and here they are.
This was the first piece of art I saw. It was interesting. Then I rounded the corner and saw this...
Does this not look like the bad guy from a horror movie?? It scared me. It still does.
Okay, so there were these ceramic grenades laid all over a table. That's art, didn't you know?
This was a room of clay people hanging from the ceiling. Again, creepy.
Close up of the clay people.
The last thing I came across was actually pretty neat. It was a pitch black room save for one light inside a rotating screen of stars and soldiers. I dunno what the artist was getting at, but I liked the room.
This is what the screen looked like.That's it for today. Thanks to you all who wished me a happy birthday a few days back. I appreciate it. Truly.
6 comments:
The cat just wanted to make a new friend! hahaha
As I recall, you are more of a dog person. And as a general rule, the more of a dog-person you are, the more a cat will want to and I quote, "get up all in your business."
Anyway, it was a funny story and it made me laugh. And, you are right, the hanging clay people are pretty dang creepy.
Interesting theory about Cats Mendi. I'll let you know if it holds true if other cats try to be my friend.
You should have taken it home with you..haha! Very interesting art I must say. I think your opinion of it fits the art perfectly:)
Interesting item they used for the pottery pots.... hmmm And hanging clay people... kind of creepy.
Wow those things ARE creepy. But cool! And what a pretty park... -Rachel.
Post a Comment